ROOM UPDATE: BG03 in the ground floor – enter at Northampton Sq
Tomorrow we are hosting a panel discussion here at City University in London around the question ‘Is Peer Review Broken?’. We want to discuss the IF and HOW but even more so ‘How can we fix it?’
If you are actively involved in peer review, wheather you are a PhD student, postdoc, principal investigator or a publisher or if you are a journalist who wants to join the debate – come along!
Our panelists will be:
- Tom Reller | Vice President and Head of Global Relations at Elsevier
- Richard Van Noorden | Senior Reporter at Nature
- Tiago Villanueva | Editorial Registrar at the BMJ
- Maria Kowalczuk | Deputy Biology Editor at BioMed Central
- Peter Ayton | Associate Dean of Research at City University
- Nikolaus Kriegeskorte | Principal Investigator at the MRC, Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit
Chair: Connie St Louis | Director, City University Science Journalism MA and award winning journalist
Join the event, discuss with the panel and help to find constructive new ways for scientific peer review! There will be a panel discussion for 90 minutes and wine and nibbles after the event.
Location: City University London | EC1V0HB United Kingdom
Room BG03 [enter by Northampton Square, lower level]